[pmwiki-users] Group Title in Group customization file

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 19 17:05:58 CDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 08:01:02AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 12:54:56PM -0800, Chris Lott wrote:
> > I have a group called Beta
> >
> > I have a customization file for the group:
> > local/Beta.php
> >
> > Wht can I put in there so that the "Group Title" can be changed? i.e
> > so the link to the home page remains Beta or Beta/HomePage but what
> > prints is soemthing like
> > Beta Group Activities
>
> Are you talking about the title of the Beta/HomePage, or the name of the
> group?  So far as I know, you can't give a group a different "title" --
> groups don't *have* titles.

It's correct that groups don't have titles -- I think the original
request is to have the link to the group (normally displayed
above/before the page's title in most skins) display something other
than the group's name.

At the moment there's not an easy way to do this.  However, it
would be neat to be able to make use of a {{$Group}.$Title} markup
somehow -- to grab the title of the group's home page and use that.