[pmwiki-users] xes_authuser_dbase recipe notes

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Oct 23 11:01:31 CDT 2006

This is mainly aimed at Crisses, although I appreciate that this recipe
is being reworked.

I got round to trying this out today, and here's what I found:

* I needed a From email address, so added the following:

  SDV($AUDBaseTable, array(
     'from_email'	=> '' )

Then changed the following in

  function xes_AuthUserEmailCode
      global $xAUDBaseMsgs, $ScriptUrl, $pagename, $AUDBaseEncryption,
$AUDBaseTable;

      $from =	"From:". $AUDBaseTable['from_email'] ."\r\n" .
              "Reply-To:". $AUDBaseTable['from_email'] ."\r\n" .
      return (mail($email, $xAUDBaseMsgs['email_subject'], $body, $from
));

* $email address is not set in

  function xes_AuthUserProcessReRegister

so, I changed it to

  // Send email
  if ($v_answer === 1) {
    xes_AuthUserEmailCode ($_POST['xes_username'], $_POST['xes_email'],
$vcode, 1) ;
    xes_AuthUserFormExit('email_sent');
  }

* There's a typo

  "password_mismatch" => "$[Your password and it's duplicate don't
match.  Please-reenter your new password twice.]",

Where "it's" should be "its".

The comment near the start

     5. Edit scripts/authuser.php -
        replace the line
        #    'mysql' => 'AuthUserMySQL',
        with
        'mysql' => 'AuthUserDatabase',

might confuse, since it's not required. I presume that this is a
redundant comment, so it might be better to remove it.

Other than that, the email change function, as it stands, doesn't
require verification, which I think it probably should.

--
Best,
Marc