[pmwiki-users] Searchbox

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Oct 24 10:29:57 CDT 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 10:11 AM, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:

> All the pages have:
> (:title :) and (:description :) that are being set.
>
> How can I set the search so that instead of the filename such as:
> OSPFAreaAuthenticationVsLink, I get the "title" as the link and to
> display the "description" for the page?
>
> Right now it shows:
> OSPF/
>  OSPFAreaAuthenticationVsLink
>
> Instead I'd like to get:
> OSPF/
>  No OSPF authentication on link but OSPF authentication on area <==
> the title
>      and the link. (underlined in blue)
>    How to remove the authentication on an OSPF link, while keeping
> the MD5
>    authentication on the OSPF area <== the description.

Look into the pagelist formats available on your site.

Pre-bundled ones are on Site/PagelistTemplates, and you should add
custom pagelists to Site/LocalTemplates

You'll see:

fmt=#title

A simple bullet list of page titles. Use order=title to have them
sorted by title (the default sort is by name).

[[#title]]
* [[{=$FullName}|+]]
[[#titleend]]

That should display the title.  To follow the title by the page
description, try adding this to Site/LocalTemplates:

[[#titledes]]
* [[{=$FullName}|+]]
-->{=$Description}
[[#titledesend]]

I'm not sure that $Description is the correct page variable.

When you do the search, tell PmWiki which format you want to use:
(:searchbox fmt=#titledes:)
or
(:pagelist fmt=#titledes:)

Crisses