[pmwiki-users] Proposal: version control for cookbooks recipes

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Tue Oct 24 14:43:28 CDT 2006

Hans said...
> Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 6:23:50 PM, Stefan wrote:
>
> > I wonder if it would make sense to create some open repository (maybe on
> > sourceforge, if possible?) using Subversion. Then updating is a matter
> > of "svn update". How is the common opinion about something like that? Of
> > course one could still download them directly (with a direct http link
> > to the latest version in the repository) for those who don't like using
> > svn.
>
> Unfortunately I have no idea what you are talking about, as I am not a
> person using Linux or Unix (I suppose the command you mention refers
> to that?) and don't know what "Subversion" is.

Just FYI, Hans, Subversion runs fine on XP. There's even a one-click
installer that I can use :-) Also, TortoiseSVN - a client that manages
your Subversion projects - integrates with your XP file manager, so it's
all point and click, and drag and drop; highly recommended.

Even if you only use it to manage Patrick's updates it'll save you a ton
of work, and make rolling back only a click away.

A good way to explore is just to download TortoiseSVN, then checkout
something from a public Subversion repository.

--
Best,
Marc