[pmwiki-users] ZAP and multi-line text vars

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Oct 25 06:54:40 CDT 2006

Hi all!

In thinking about the multi-line text vars problem in ZAP and I have
three options:

1) Wait till Pm offers a way to add some kind of option for allowing
double return delimiters, or a custom end-of-value delimiter.  And
then get the zap data forms to work with that.

2) Add a special marker in zap forms to store data as (:text: var :),
I was thinking doing this for any field prefixed by the word multi,
ie:  multifield.  It only affects textarea fields displayed in
pagelists (ie comments). So this requirement would not be onerous.

3) Change the way all ZAP data values are saved so that they are
automatically saved as (:text: var:).  This might be the simplest
codewise (don't have to worry about hiding the data, easier to parse,
etc., but it would probably break existing zap data records.  Of
course, as ZAP is so new--there are probably few people using it...
And ZAP could still probably be made to read data in either format.

Any thoughts on which option to pursue?

Cheers,
Caveman

PS. Still really stumped on the slashes problem, and the ignored
directives disabling glitch.  See other post on these problems.
Irritating little details.