[pmwiki-users] Trails working in Main group but not a new group?

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Oct 26 05:36:50 CDT 2006

Chris Lott said...
> On 10/25/06, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> > Chris Lott said...
> > > Any idea why the trail markup in the Main group of this wiki works:
> > >
> > > http://community.uaf.edu/~chris/wiki/Main/PoetryMiscellany
> > > example sub page working
> > > http://community.uaf.edu/~chris/wiki/Main/TheMostOfIt-RobertFrost
> > >
> > > But the exact same markup in another group does not?:
> > > http://community.uaf.edu/~chris/wiki/CDEBook/DraftContents
> > > example sub page non working
> > > http://community.uaf.edu/~chris/wiki/CDEBook/CoLandCoP
> > >
> > > I've tried various other ways of referencing the trail page in the
> > > second example, but clearly I am missing something very basic!
> >
> > I have a broken trail here also. I've not reported it yet, since I
> > suspect few folk have seen it.
> >
> > Have you changed the trail page since it was initially created?
>
> I have-- it's very strange.

Okay, I had a closer look at my problem. It seems that links of the
form:

  * [[Minutes test -> Starter]]

break the trail. By converting these to the form:

  * [[Starter|Minutes test]]

things work okay.

Also, check for duplicate entries, and errant use of %item comment%

OT, but in a similar vein, I found that the following use didn't work as
expected in a pagelist template but used the non-spaced variety:

  [[{=$Titlespaced}|+]]

--
Best,
Marc