[pmwiki-users] Hiding groups like

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Sun Oct 29 14:19:55 CST 2006

Bart wrote:

> One questions remains, what's the use of:
> $pagename = ResolvePageName($pagename);
> without this line things still work properly so I am a bit in the dark about
> this function.

$pagename starts out as the page that someone has entered as a
destination. Its quite possible that its not actually a fully formed
page name. It may be just a group name like "Main" or just a page name
like "HomePage". ResolvePageName() converts it into a fully formed name
like "Main.HomePage". It ensures that the code that follows has a
complete name to work from. Of course, if you've only been using
complete names in your testing, you won't have noticed a difference.