[pmwiki-users] question about default page text

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 05:26:08 CST 2006

Monday, October 30, 2006, 10:35:52 AM, Florian wrote:

> Here's my question. If i create a new Forum-Topic i get to the Page Forum.Topic with the
> commentbox in order to start the discussion. But since the page still has no real entries it
> still shows me the default-message

> describe $name here.

> Is it possible to replace this by a message saying "This is the discussion-page for the Topic
> $name. without showing a link to the Editform.

I don't know if you use forumstyled.php from Cookbook.SimpleForum.
This script automatically changes the default message for new forum
topics. Basically it checks the group name, and if the group name
includes "Forum" it uses its own message, replacing what otherwise the
page Site.PageNotFound would deliver. You would need to edit
forumstyled.php and insert your custom message, or do it via the XL
function on page Site.Preferences, adding to that page:
 'Compose message, add author name, and click post' => 'your own
 message',

But since you mention as default message: "describe $name"
I suspect you are using extendmarkup.php, which sets
$DefaultPageTextFmt in its AsSpaced function, overriding the pmwiki
default and what Site.PageNotFound would deliver, and also what
forumstyled.php would deliver for Forum groups.
you can disable the AsSpaced function in config.php, before loading
extendmarkup.php, with
$MarkupExtensions['spaced'] = false;

Hans