[pmwiki-users] vspace after heading?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 30 12:26:17 CST 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 03:20:03AM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> I just noticed that there is no class="vspace" in blocks after a heading
> (at least a <h1>).
>
> Is that a bug or a feature? I somehow have in mind that it was always
> added after a blank line (paragraph) exists.

It's a feature.  It means that the following produce equivalent
HTML output:

    !!Heading 2
    text

    !!Heading 2

    text

In order to force a class='vspace', one uses two newlines after the
heading.  This is similar in principal to the way that horizontal
spaces are "eaten" after certain markups, such that

    !!Heading 2
    !! Heading 2

produce exactly the same markup (with no space before "Heading 2"),
but

    !!  Heading 2

has a leading space before the 'H' in 'Heading'.