[pmwiki-users] Misc ZAP questions...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 30 12:55:48 CST 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 02:45:00PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> On 10/30/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > > 2) I found a thread discussing ways to show categories in a pagelist
> > > that did not have associated category pages created for them.  But
> > > never could find the thread that explained how it could be done.  Or
> > > is it a future code enhancement?
> >
> > There are several ways to do it.  Also, pmwiki-2.2 has the
> > ability to automatically create Category pages.
>
> Can you elaborate more?

It's detailed in the docs/sample-config.php file, but essentially
a site administrator can do:

   $AutoCreate['/^Category\\./'] = array('ctime' => $Now);

This says that anytime a page is created that has a link to
a page in the Category group, create an empty page for that
category.

> > > 4) Can you retrieve a range of times in a pagelist.  Suppose you have
> > > page names created by timestamps, or better yet some text variable
> > > timestamp in a page.  Could you retrun all the pages less then 30 days
> > > old?  Maybe by setting up some kind of conditional in a pagelist?
> >
> > It would need to be a custom conditional.
>
> I guess you define it similar to how you did the (:if exists:) conditional?

More like the (:if date:) conditional.  However, the (:if date:)
conditional compares against the current date and time, as opposed
to comparing against a page's name or the last modification time.