[pmwiki-users] Images

Mark Trumpold mark at ruthtrumpold.id.au
Mon Oct 30 12:40:58 CST 2006

On 30/10/06 8:28 PM, "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 10:18:26AM +0200, Mark Trumpold wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a way for people to upload images to my img directory on my host?
>>
>> I would like my students to be able to upload from a form or the edit page
>
> PmWiki supports uploading via attaching to pages
> (see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Uploads), and then
> embedding the uploads within the page.
>
> It's possible to configure PmWiki to allow uploading to specific
> directories, but we'd need to know a bit more about your
> specific requirements in order to make it work.  For example,
> would you want to allow any other form of uploading, or just
> images?  And should images be common to the entire site,
> or how should they be structured?
>
> Pm

Hi

Thanks, I am still fairly new to it all so its taking time to get my head
around it, so I really appreciate the help.

I have been trying to set up the uploads using the cookbook instructions but
I am having trouble.

This is what I have incorrectly done

$EnableUpload = 1;
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('secret');
$UploadDir = "/itgswiki/img";
$UploadUrlFmt = "http://www.ruthtrumpold.id.aum/itgswiki/img"
$EnableUploadOverwrite = 0;

I have a 'img' directory inside the itgswiki home directory on my host.
At the moment it is only images but maybe pdf files later
Images common to entire site
I would like to restrict the size or at least autoresize before it hits my
server.
What I would like is do it through the edit page or an 'add image form' and
embed them immediately, ie as user friendly as possible

Thanks

Mark