[pmwiki-users] Main page, how?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 05:47:03 CST 2006

Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 9:55:16 AM, Angel wrote:

> I’ve read that we mustn’t modify the pmwiki.php page, then, my doubt is how
> can I start a new main page with the whole pmwiki functions?.

Yes it is a good idea not to hack/change pmwiki.php or its associated
script files in the scripts/ direcory, so you will not loose changes
made when you are updating. Best to keep changes in the local/
directory (which will not get overwritten when updating), and use
local/config.php for your customisations. You can copy the
sample-config.php from docs/ into local/ and edit this file.

I don't know what you mean by "start a new main page", but if you wish
to have a different default page loaded when a visitor comes to your
site, you can set a variable in local/config.php:
  $DefaultPage = 'GroupName.PageName';

See this page for information about some basic variables:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BasicVariables

Or perhaps you don't know how to create new pages? See
http://localhost/softflow/clean/PmWiki/CreatingNewPages

Hope this helps!

Hans