[pmwiki-users] Archiving old/obsolete pages

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Sep 1 12:18:15 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 11:40:55AM -0400, Sandy wrote:
>> Agreed on the new improved version, and a note where to find the old
>> page (if the old page has info that's not on the new one). That's the
>> ideal solution.
>>
>> I think what bothers me about a new "group" is that that will mean a new
>> URL, which will break my bookmark.
>
> Is it still bad if the old URL in your bookmarkup automatically
> redirects to the archived version (along with a note that the
> redirection took place)?
>
> Pm

I like that plan.

Works if I'm using old version of software and really want the old page.

Works if what I really want is the new feature that I didn't know existed.

Tells me to change my bookmark.

Yep, works on all levels.

(Now, I don't suppose you have a quick way to go through those "hey,
that's neat, bookmark it / move the email to the "keep" folder" entries?
Decide which ones aren't as neat and useful as I thought, which ones I
can use today, and which ones I should read later? Ah well, kids start
school next week.)

Sandy