[pmwiki-users] Notebook-NT-Skin - some more tests

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sun Sep 3 08:41:44 CDT 2006

Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> Patrick, VK,
>
> I have upgraded the css framework that I sent you earlier to a PmWiki
> skin (attached) to make a completely table-less skin that looks like the
> default PmWiki skin. To try it out I copied the wikitext from your test
> page into mine. You can see the result at

[snip]

> To make the skin based on the css framework, I copied a few things
> (block borders, background colors, sizes, padding) from Patrick's css
> file (as noted in the file) into the framework css rules. I also added
> background colours to the sidebar and footer (sometimes it makes a
> difference in stability - but this can be tested). Otherwise the page
> uses pmwiki.css, as provided in the distribution. I also adjusted the
> sidebar width to make it match PmWiki.org's sidebar in width.

[snip]

> I have been using these techniques for years (and dufferinpark.ca is
> table-less), so I think there's a good chance this will work well. More
> than a prototype, still needs testing before deployment.

I posted a test page (Test/MacIE52ScreenShots) showing how this, and
just about every other skin (no time to test other skins right now) get
broken by Internet Explorer (5.2) for Mac.

There are some common problems that occur with every example.   (Right
header elements get knocked over to the left on the next line, screen
width gets extended, rframe image becomes full frame).

Perhaps someone can come up with suggested solutions that others can use
to get rid of some of the worst, or at least most common, problems.

Pico