[pmwiki-users] It can't be that slow.....can it?

David Goadby dg at pixel-plus.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 04:40:38 CDT 2006

Hi Rolf,

I serve a lot of users from a 500MHz mini-ITX system under IIS/Windows 2000
and found that increasing the memory from 128MB to 500MB made a vast
improvement. The "bottleneck" in my case appeared to be the disk drive; more
memory allowed PHP to work a lot better.

As you are running Linux/Apache I would have thought that your performance
would be much better than my Windows system. A quick look at the tasks using
TOP might show you where the CPU is spending it's time.

Regards

David