[pmwiki-users] defining Usergroups in config.php or farmconfig.php

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 4 17:22:26 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 06:16:27PM -0400, Vince Administration wrote:
> On Sep 4, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 08:34:15PM +0200, pmwiki Besenreuther wrote:
> >> Hallo,
> >>
> >> can anyone help me and give me a hint how I can define
> >> usergroups within config.php or farmconfig.php?
> >
> > If you're asking about defining authorization groups
> > (like AuthUser defines), then there's not currently a way to
> > do it from config.php.
>
> What I would like to see is the following.  All our users must  log
> in (Apache and SSL) before
> getting to the Wiki.  So php knows the username and unix
> authorization groups.

Oh!  If you're already doing Apache authentication, that
makes things a *lot* easier.

I need to add an extension to AuthUser to recognize
/etc/group (and .htgroup) files, and then we'll be set.  :-)

> I would
> like to be able to use this information to allow or prohibit access
> to certain Wiki Groups.
> For example members of the "earls"  group would have access to the
> Earls.* web pages,
> but others would have NO access.

Once I have the above extension written, then this will be
done by simply setting the read password of Earls.GroupAttributes
to '@earls'.

> Similarly members of the Earls group  would not have
> access to the Peon.* web pages.

And this would be done by setting a read password on
Peon.GroupAttributes to some other value (e.g., '@peon').

> These groups are really to large, and
> changing to
> list the members individually.