[pmwiki-users] toggledictindex buggy in SideBar and PageHeader

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Sep 5 08:27:48 CDT 2006

Toggledictindex is a recipe (written by Hans) that automatically
creates a compact horizontal dictionary index
A B C D E F G...
where every letter is a toggable link which shows you a list of pages
selected by title (if title is missing, by page name).

It is a very practical, and I found various positive ways of using it.

One annoying issue is that, if you try and put it within the SideBar
or the <!--PageHeaderFmt-->, it behaves wrong and open the whole list
as the page is loaded.

Such a buggy behaviour is known, and reported here
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ShowHide#comments
Also, as I read, it seems that there *is* a workaround.

Just it is not clear to me how to do, and what to do: could please
anybody elaborate more in details? What are the steps? Which part of
the recipe should I move, and where?

Luigi