[pmwiki-users] pmwiki default div skin

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 01:05:09 CDT 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:41:49PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > > I also think we should develop a SkinTest group on pmwiki.org, which can
> > > house a trail of pages that illustrate the common browser issues
> > > encountered when designing skins with PmWiki, as well as a nice suite of
> > > test pages for each skin.
> >
> > Would it make sense to create "virtual" wiki fields for testing different
> > skins, i.e. something like
> >
> > 	http://pmwiki.org/skins/<SomeSkin>/Group/SomePage
> >
> > where <SomeSkin> will determine what skin is actually used to show the
> > usual pages at pmwiki.org?
> >
> > Just an idea, not sure if it makes sense.
>
> We already have ?setskin=..., this seems like it would be enough.
> Is it not enough?

I might have misunderstood the purpose of the SkinTest group. Now I see
that it was probably intended as a group to keep pages in which are like
unit tests for skins. Is that it?

My idea was simply that

	http://pmwiki.org/skin/<SomeSkin>/Group/SomePage

would be interpreted as something like

	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Group/SomePage?setskin=<SomeSkin>

in order to make it "prettier" when demonstrating. (Actually,
'?setskin=...' should perhaps be something else, if you don't want the
skin choice to stick).

As I said, I'm not sure if it makes sense... the one advantage I can see
is that it might be easier for less experienced users to try out different
skins if the URI easily identifies what skin they are using?

/Christian