[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Re: defining Usergroups in config.php or farmconfig.php

pmwiki Besenreuther pmwiki at besenreuther.de
Wed Sep 6 01:28:46 CDT 2006

Hi,
is my plan too complex or my description not understandable?
I think it sounds complicatet for you, but the Farm-Wiki is running well,
when I'm using users that are defined in farmconfig.php without Usergroups.

Only if I want to use Usergroups like: @proj1_ps_read: nancy, bart, me, etc ....
then there ist the need to define the groups in each Wiki Site.AuthUser extra.
And it works only with the users that are also defined in the Site.AuthUser.
If I use a user in a usergroup that is defined in Farmconfig.php I get
following error (same without farm-configuration):
Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in /srv/www/htdocs/pmwiki_/scripts/authuser.php on line 61

So, the first problem is:
- how can I use useres that are defined in config.php for usergroups definition in ...Site.Authuser?
  (would be great if it would also work with mysql- or ldap-users)

Second wish is:
- is it possible to get all the user and usergroup-definition into config.php? That it would be possible to manage
  the WikiFarm with the Farmconfig.php
  (like this:
  $AuthUser['bart'] = crypt('bartspassword');
  $AuthGroup['proj1_ps_read'] = array('nancy','bart','me', ...);

Thanks for your investigation to untersand my ideas.

Greetings Udo

P.S.
To use apache users and apache groups is not usable for me, because my provider doesn't allow me
to define my own groups and users. I would prefere the pretty fine concept of PmWiki to have all
the required definition in the file based systematic.

*********** DIESE MAIL WURDE WEITERGELEITET  ***********