[pmwiki-users] PmWiki2PDF and anchors

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Sep 6 19:25:24 CDT 2006

On Thursday, 7 September 2006 5:58 AM, Menachem Shapiro <menachem.shapiro at gmail.com> wrote:
>B"H
>Hello
>
>I am using PmWiki2PDF on a site running pmwiki-2.0.13. I have a page
>with anchors on it, and when I convert the page to pdf, the anchors
>all turn into bookmarks. However, the links to those anchors (in the
>document itself), point to the actual webpage, not the
>generated pdf.
>
>Is there a way to turn the page's anchor links in the pdf into an link
>that stays in the pdf itself, instead of linking back to the online
>wiki?
>
>In other words, is there a way to take into account the links in a
>wiki page that don't take you to a different page? Instead of linking
>back to the online version, they could take you to the place on the
>pdf that the link is pointing to.

FWIW, here is what we did for the PublishPDF library:
a) link to the anchor in the pdf, not the web page

b) insert the page number on which the anchor falls

c) insert appropriate anchors automatically for each
   page, when generating a pdf of multiple wiki pages,
   so that all intra-document references are correct

   (in other words, [[Some Page]] reference will
   point to SomePage in the document, including its
   page number, if SomePage is in the list of pages
   being published)

I would expect that PmWiki2PDF ought to be able to do
something similar.
--
JR