[pmwiki-users] PData support for pagelisting images

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 17:19:05 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 03:12:54PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> When using the ExpandingMenus recipe.
>

> > I'm not sure there's a lot of docs that have {$var}
> > markup in them that depends on it being absolute as
> > opposed to relative.  Some skin configuration pages
> > might, though.
>
> Maybe not a lot, but hard to find I suspect.
> They are content, not infrastucture oriented
> pages.

In the pages that I've looked at and thought about, content
*rarely* has page variables that must be treated as absolute
references (the current browsed page) instead of relative
(the page containing the page variable).  In all of the
cases I've come across, the page variable actually expects
to appear only when the page is the currently browsed page.

I'll be very, very, glad to have any counter-instances pointed
out to me, so I can take them into account.