[pmwiki-users] PData support for pagelisting images

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 17:52:39 CDT 2006

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> At the moment, I'm of the opinion that all of the
> (:if condition:)
> markups should continue to refer to the current
> browsing
> environment (i.e., "globally"), as opposed to the
> page they
> happen to be written in.  That just seems to be the
> more common
> usage pattern for them.

Hmm, I can't even think of a name or group conditinal
where it would not already be absolute since if not it
wouldn't make sense, would it?

Currently:  (:if name {$Name}:)  would always have to
be true, wouldn't it?

But if the {$Name} were to change it's meaning, it
would be very helpfull to be able to use (:if name
{$Name}:) to explicitly create sections that are only
visible when viewed in the page where the content is
without having to explictly spell out the name.  Makes
it easier to create (newpage and other) templates and
what not,

-Martin