[pmwiki-users] Wikipaths

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Sep 7 18:15:05 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 02:38:09PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
>> --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Also, how about using a more tradtional function form
>> (is it too hard from a regexp standpoint?):
>>
>>>   {(function args)Group.PageName#section$[:?]var}
>>     {function(args)Group.PageName#section$[:?]var}
>
> It's not too hard, but I like the {(function)...}
> syntax since "{(" is a clear marker that a function is
> being applied.  It's also somewhat consistent with (:directive:)
> syntax, where the args are inside the parens instead of out.

I don't really care which of the two styles are used, so long as it
allows for easy function composition. I can easily imagine wanting
something like:

  {(substring 1 4)(toupper)Group.PageName$:var}

or

  {substring(1 4)toupper()Group.PageName$:var}

Personally though, I think the first version looks better.