[pmwiki-users] PData support for pagelisting images

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 18:28:56 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 09:21:36AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:58:19PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> > Maybe something such that
> >
> >   (:pagelist fmt=#myformat group=MyGroup list=normal:)
> >
> > is interpreted as a short form of saying:
> >
> >   (:datalist source=PmWiki fmt=#myformat group=MyGroup list=normal:)
> >

> If that was going to happen, then one thing it would need would be a
> more generalized way of defining "order".

The new version of the pagelist code already allows for custom
definitions of "order", as well as custom select criteria and
even data sources (as long as the data sources return pagenames).

> ... and you could have a pagelist which said
>
> (:pagelist group=Stories list=normal order={$:Genre}:)
>
> and it would order it by the Genre field.  Or some other format like
>
>         order=:Genre
>
> And likewise, order=:Genre,:Author to give a multiple ordering.

It needs to be something like the latter; in the first version
{$:Genre} will end up being substituted before the (:pagelist:)
directive ever sees it.  I'm also wondering if it should instead be

    order=Genre:,Author:

in order to match the field names in the pages, as opposed to
the {$:var} markup.