[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 05:26:22 CDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, John Rankin wrote:

> >Does not really matter, at least to begin with.
>
> In my head, (:cite...:) generates a link of the form
>
>  ... index.php?n=Group.BibTeXPage?ref=id?action=cite
>
> Click and you go to the BibTeXPage and see a nicely-formatted version of
> the reference you cited, and only that reference.

Ok, I understand. We are only interesting about seeing a specific
bibliographic situation in this user case.  (I'm used to bibliographies
rather than single citations. In fact, when reading scientific articles I
often read the bibiliography separately, just to see what they were
citing. That's just like checking a list of "related links" on a web
page).

Here's how I think the information in your example woul be used:

* bibliography database = $Name, here "Group.BibTeXPage"
* citation key = here "id"
* action = "cite", makes the bibliography database page only display the
  citation(s) that corresponds to the key "id".

When the page is rendered, the action=cite makes pmwiki scan the page for
bibliographic information and only show the entry matching 'ref'.

Did I get it right, or are you perhaps assuming that the database is
stored somewhere else?

/Christian