[pmwiki-users] Page variables with markup in them...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Sep 12 12:20:34 CDT 2006

I am making good progress on getting FAST Data to allow editing of
comments (or anything you wish to log) but I am having a bit of
trouble getting the page variables to work properly.

Basically, I can retreive the log entry from the page (now using
WritePage and ReadPage!) but if the value includes certain kinds of
markup, the page variables seems to refuse it and gives me a blank.
Rather than returning the text (which is what I want).

It does the same thing when I save a url (which is automatically
converted to a clickable link on the data page).  When I assign it to
a page variable and try to retrieve it in another page it just gives
me a blank.

Any suggestions?  This is a bit of a problem...

Cheers,
Caveman

P.S. The page variables are being set in a recipe function parsing the
text value of one or more pages.