[pmwiki-users] moving skins out of public access

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 13 15:30:24 CDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 03:06:03PM -0500, JB wrote:
> >     $SkinLibDirs = array(
> >       '/var/www/home/stuff/farm/pub/skins' =>
> >         '...url of /var/www/home/stuff/public_html/pub/skins...');
>
> I think maybe the syntax of the above example is not correct in that
> both path lines need to have "/$Skin" at the end.

PmWiki automatically adds skin directory names at the end of
the values.

It's important to remember that $Skin can be more than just a simple
string; it can be an array of skins to look for, as well as
contain page variables such as {$Group} and {$Name}.  The actual
skin being used can also come from the $ActionSkin array, which
allows selecting a different skin based on the action being
performed (think ?action=print).

>      $SkinLibDirs = array(
>       "/var/www/home/stuff/farm/pub/skins/$Skin" =>
>       "http://www.stuff.org/pub/skins/$Skin");

This is incorrect because the value of $Skin often isn't known
at the time $SkinLibDirs is being set.

> At least that is what works on my pmwiki.  I think the confusing and
> perhaps incorrect syntax which varies in the online documention
> may cause confusion.  I would like an OK to update all related
> documention with this working  example.

Please don't change the documentation as yet, but feel free to
point to the existing parts of the documentation that are confusing
and/or incorrect.

Thanks!