[pmwiki-users] SpellChecker on a Farm

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 16 10:25:12 CDT 2006

JB wrote:
>> Pico
>>
>> P.S. On my farm install, with your changes, it never seems to get past
>> the message "Spell check in progress..."  I assume that it isn't finding
>> the speller pages, but is failing to provide feedback to reflect that fact.
>

> I dont know why yours does not work.  Initially mine did not work beause
> I had Aspell installed but not a dictionary.  After installing a
> dictionary
> it worked fine. Then by making the variable name changes it worked in
> all
> my wikis.  Before the variable name changes the gui button would display
> in
> the editor but it would not do anything.

Yeah, I had the same experience, but after the variable name change the
spell pops up but the message displayed in the speller screen does not
progress beyond the initial "Spell check in progress"

FWIW, when I installed on a standalone that had no speller support, I
did not get that far: error messages appeared before the speller screen
appeared.

Pico

--

         __  /