[pmwiki-users] MD5 checksums or version control (was: Re: Avoiding simultaneous edits)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Sep 20 11:31:47 CDT 2006

At 2006-09-20  11:06 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Is this running on a Windows platform?  You may need to install
>the recipe at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimultaneousEdits
>to enable merging since diff3 isn't present.

Patrick

Would it be possible to include some version control info inside
cookbook items such as phpmerge.php?

When I saw this thread, I wanted to ensure that I had an up to date
version of phpmerge.php on my Windoze server. What I ended up doing
was downloading a new copy, generating MD5 checksums for both copies,
and comparing the checksums (they agreed).

If the MD5 checksum was posted on the download page, that would
simplify matters.

Or if a comment line inside the script said something like:
## Version: 2006-03-05c

I could just compare in a text editor.

Shame on me if such items exist and I didn't see them ...

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/