[pmwiki-users] PmWiki2PDF working?

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Wed Sep 20 18:22:09 CDT 2006

<joshua at eeinternet.com> wrote:
> >On Tuesday 19 September 2006 12:30, Alan Hoyle wrote:
> >> I was checking out the PDF conversion recipes and came across:
> >
> >I can't comment on PmWiki2PDF, but I installed WikiPublisher, and it works
> >great (modulo the problem I'm having with it and Beautifier at
> >the moment).
>
> Can you provide more information aboout the problem? (I know *nothing*
> about how beautifier works internally.)

I'll try. :)  When the WikiPublisher PDF comes back, nothing generated by
Beautifier is displayed.  I'll have to try the other syntax highlighter in
the Recipe list.  Haven't had a chance yet.  You can see the glitch if you go
here:  http://wikiserver.eeinternet.com/Main/WikiPublisherBeautiferGlitches
and publish the PDF.

> As a general comment, a recipe that hard-codes html tags in its output
> is likely to break Wikipublisher -- the Cookbook/Beautifier page seems
> to suggest it does this. It also seems to use an external css, which
> Wikipublisher will ignore.

This may very well be what happens.

> The usual pmwiki approach is that "all output tags are data", allowing
> recipes like Wikipublisher to output xml to a different dtd.
>
> Wikipublisher ignores any html introduced by third party recipes.

I guess I'm not 100% clear on that comment.  Do you mean no syntax highlighter
will work with Wiki Publisher?  Or am I not following you?  Is there
a "PmWiki way" of generating output vs. the way Beautifier is doing it?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111