[pmwiki-users] Fwd: line break substitutions

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Sep 21 09:50:27 CDT 2006

Thought I would try and send this post again as it is causing me
significant problems and I'm still stumped!

I'd like to get my new site up today or tomorrow (along with the
updated demo site for FAST Data)--but these line break problems caused
by textareas can really mess up a page.  Most of my data parsing and
retrieval works fine, and even the page display.  But you can't do
regular wiki editing of a page.

In a nutshell the question is: if I want to do a string replacement on
a form's textarea submission, what code am I looking for to catch line
breaks.  \n doesn't seem to work.  My plan is to change them into
%0a's.  Below is my original post.

Cheers,
Caveman

I'm still having a bit of trouble with the line breaks.  The info in
the textareas are being saved in the actual wiki page with line
breaks.  Meaning if you open them up in a text editor the page "text"
is not all on one line.

Evidently I need to do some string replacements, as WritePage doesn't
seem to know how to take care of this thing.

I tried replacing '\n' with %0a but that does not seem to solve the
problem.  Is there some other code to try and replace that will
eliminate these line breaks in the wiki page?

Hard to believe those little textarea boxes could be such a little pain.  : )

Cheers,
Caveman