[pmwiki-users] Tagging sections of pages

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Thu Sep 21 17:28:01 CDT 2006

To add to the recent discussion about tagging, I posted this to another list a
long while ago:

---------------------
I'm looking for a wiki package to use for system documentation. For the
purpose of cross referencing, I'd like to be able to tag individual sections
on the page.

Use case, as an example:

I have a few servers on which I've setup SSH tunnels. I'd the like the
information/instructions for these ssh tunnels to appear on the server's
page. I'd also like to have a page that consolidates all the ssh tunnel
information, but without retyping or duplicating the information. What I
envision is this: sections of the pages could be tagged, and then I could
have another page that simply displays all sections tagged "sshtunnel."

I found <http://nexi.com/1>, but it only seems to tag individual pages, not
sections as I'd like.

I really like PmWiki so far, and as of right now have not intention of
changing Wiki software, so would like to figure out a way to implement this
in PmWiki.  Anyone done anything similar or have any idea how to go about it
in PmWiki?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111