[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Karl Loncarek dh2mll at web.de
Fri Sep 22 06:56:33 CDT 2006

John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote in
news:1094303766john.rankin at affinity.co.nz:

> On Friday, 22 September 2006 3:30 PM, Patrick R. Michaud
> <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

[...]

> Is there any intention / interest / value in at some point
> offering a flavour of PmWiki that supports the proposed Creole
> wiki markup standard?
>
> See http://www.wikicreole.org/wiki/Creole0.1
>
> At this stage it's hard to know how much traction Creole will
> get. It looks to me as if it could be implemented as a
> replacement stdmarkp.php file. Some people may prefer to use
> a lightweight markup that has a measure of formal acceptance.

Why not some additional markup that is used parallel to existing markup?
the markup for bold, italic, images should be fairly easy...

The only thing that would not work are the proposed linebreaks.

and then what about conversion between "old" and "new" format???

IMHO Best would be to wait until the "standard" has stabilized.

--
Bye
Karl (aka Klonk)