[pmwiki-users] comment box anti-spam ?

Karl Loncarek dh2mll at web.de
Fri Sep 22 07:10:17 CDT 2006

"BrianB" <brianrgr at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:BAY109-DAV137ACE3BCFB8BBACA23D1DE210 at phx.gbl:

> My comment boxes are being spammed on a regular basis. Is there any
> hack to prevent this, for example including image verification such as
> CAPTCHA?
>
> Brian

I had teh same problem thus I decided to replace commentbox with
commentboxplus together with following setting in config.php:
    	$EnableAccessCode = true;

This required to enter a code number when posting. maybe this will not
prevent all spam, but definitely help. Additionally you can use the
script blocklist2

This is what I do, even if I still haven't found out how to obtain the
IP-numbers of the posters (to block them with blocklist2).

Maybe a markup for the remote IP-adress could be created. Any hints?

--
Bye
Karl (aka Klonk)