[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 22 11:05:02 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 05:58:35PM +0200, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> >Okay, I've run into the first major obstacle with this -- namely,
> >the Site.PageActions page currently expects page variables
> >such as {$Name}, {$FullName}, {$Group}, etc., to be the
> >page being browsed as opposed to the page in which they are
> >written (Site.PageActions).
> >[...]
> >Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> You said you wanted to introduce a directive that declares the current
> page to be processed "old style", didn't you?

Well, I was going to have an option to (:include:) that indicated
the page would be processed "old style".  I wasn't intending for it
to be page-based.

> Maybe an update-script can insert this directive into all pages once, to
> avoid unexpected behavior.

I'm really against having PmWiki do any sort of automatic modification
to page content -- there are just too many things that can go wrong
(and may be difficult to reverse).