[pmwiki-users] Mixed Pagelist results?

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Fri Sep 22 18:03:18 CDT 2006

Stirling Westrup wrote:
> Martin Fick wrote:
>
>> The trick is to now use this trail not as the source
>> to a wikitrail, but rather as a source to a special
>> pagelist on another page.  The clever pagelist trail=
>> option allows you do do this!  So on OutputPage you
>> write a pagelist like this:
>
> I understand now. You're right, that is exactly what I want. The problem
> is, when I try it, the recipe produces:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function ReadTrail() in
> /var/www/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.18/scripts/pagelist.php on line 186

Oops, my Bad. I had a typo on the include line. Still, it doesn't seem
to work right. Now, on my Site.Sidebar I have:

  %sidehead% [[Sti.|About Sti]]
  (:pagelist trail=Sti.Trail fmt=#pagespaced :)

And the complete contents of Sti.Trail is:

  (:pagelist group=Sti name=-Home,-Trail list=normal:)
  * [[Poetry/|Favorite Poems]]
  * [[Memories/]]
  * [[Archive:Resume/StirlingWestrup-CV.pdf|Resumé]]

The list this generates is:

  About Sti
    * Beliefs
    * Bio
    * Contact
    * Favorite Quotes
    *

Note that Home mysteriously appears twice rather than never, and is
followed by a blank entry. My old standby of this:

  %sidehead% [[Sti.|About Sti]]
  (:pagelist group=Sti name=-Home,-Trail list=normal fmt=#pagespaced :)
  * [[Poetry/|Favorite Poems]]
  * [[Memories/]]
  * [[Archive:Resume/StirlingWestrup-CV.pdf|Resumé]]

generates:

  About Sti
    * Beliefs
    * Bio
    * Contact
    * Favorite Quotes
    * Favorite Poems
    * Memories
    * Resumé

Which is the right content, although in the wrong order. Any idea what
I'm doing wrong?