[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Sep 23 05:58:30 CDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> And I forgot to mention in my earlier message that blocklisting will
> also likely be a core feature of 2.2, including the ability to
> periodically download shared blocklists.

Well, I guess that your script that became my script(s) were popular
and successful.  I've moved on one wiki to a much SMALLER blocklist
(mainly IP ranges that are unlikely to post anything but spam to my
site and "the top words & phrases most likely to be spam posts") +
limiting new links to 5.  It seems to be working so far, and pages
save much faster.  I have a couple years worth of attempted spam
logged, so I've gotten to periodically look at what posts were
blocked by the skin of their teeth (Score = 1) and all of those were
invariably caught by mentioning the name of a popular male-
enhancement med.  So when I trimmed the list, that's one that
definitely stayed on.

I got exceptionally frustrated with drug names that are parts of
normally occurring words and don't want to actually USE my regex
feature :)  Soon I'll adopt that method across my open-edit sites.

Are you going to just remodel my code which is a remodel of your
code, or are you re-writing it from scratch?

Thanks,

Crisses