[pmwiki-users] 2.2 Series & Blog/comments

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 23 13:15:18 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 01:04:36PM -0500, George wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:40:36 -0500, Patrick R. Michaud
> <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> >The ability to add content will have a separate authorization level
> >from the ability to edit.  It will default to be the same authorization
> >as editing, so that edit passwords continue to restrict the ability
> >to change content, but the authorization can be set independently
> >to say "I'm allowing people to add content but not edit it."
>
> Maybe this should be extended to allow user-definable authorizations...

What do you mean by the word "user" here -- do you mean "author",
"administrator", "visitor", or ... ?

> I'm thinking that it would be a good way to have pages that allow users to
> add comments, submit a poll answer, or do some other user-definable action
> on a page, while still allowing only appropriately authorized users to
> edit the page.

Presuming that you meant "author" above, this is already handled.
An author simply sets an edit password on a page (using ?action=attr),
and also sets the comment password to be '@nopass'.  This will
restrict editing of the page to the author, while allowing anyone
to add comments to the page without needing a password.