[pmwiki-users] Relative includes, take #2

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 23 14:29:19 CDT 2006

Pico wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> Okay, I've re-enabled relative includes on pmwiki.org, and
>> fixed the (simple) problem that was causing the pagelist
>> templates and author links to stop functioning.
>>
>> I've also switched from '.' to '*' to indicate "the currently
>> browsed page".  Thus, an author now uses {*$FullName} to obtain
>> the full name of the currently browsed page.  This leaves {$FullName}
>> to be the name of the page containing the {$FullName} markup.
>>
>> In particular, pages containing links such as {$FullName}?action=...
>> will need to be updated to use {*$FullName}?action=... instead.
>>
>> If anyone notices any problems or difficulties on pmwiki.org,
>> please let me know!
>>
>> (I know that this directly affects the Triad, Gemini, and FixFlow
>> skins -- I'm not sure what to do about those.)
>>

> Please have a look at Test/RelativeLinksPagelist, which contains a
> pagelist that uses a template that invokes the following three forms of
> a page reference {$, {=$ and {*$ at the outset of the pagelist and as it
> iterates through 20 items.
>
> Notice, in particular, the odd results from the second form {$
>
> Pico

Oops.  Stupid me.  Everything is exactly as it should be.  The second
form {=$ is grabbing the various page results, and the other two forms
{$ and {*$ are returning the source page that contains the pagelist
template, and the viewed page that contains the pagelist directive,
respectively.

Pico

--

         __  /