[pmwiki-users] Relative includes, take #2

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 23 20:02:15 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 05:16:03PM -0400, Pico wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>>> Actually, there *was* a bug there -- the included excerpt at the
>>> top of the page was incorrectly performing the substitution inside
>>> of the [@...@] escape.
>> Ok, so take another look now and see if the results are what you expect.
>>  They weren't what I expected: {=$ is always substituted, but {$ and
>> {*$ were not, even when applied to {=$foo} and escaped [@{=$foo}@}
>
> Ah, yes, this has been a bug that has existed in the pagelist
> template formatting code since its inception.  Escapes in pagelist
> template code weren't being honored by the {=$...} substitutions.
>
> I've now gone ahead and fixed that little bug, so let's see if
> it's more in line with what you expect.
>
> Thanks!

Ok, now one more twist.  I altered the Test/PagelistTemplate to add some
anchors and place similar test markup outside of the template to compare
this included page with the including page Test/RelativeLinksPagelists.

Compare the last portions of each page.  On the including page
Test/RelativeLinksPagelists, the results of {$FullName} and {*$FullName}
appear to be the opposite of what I was expecting from an include.  Or
am I just turned around?

Pico

--

         __  /