[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Sep 24 06:40:39 CDT 2006

Crisses schrieb:

> You can probably change the behavior on any of your websites.

Indeed.

> However I'm not sure I'd want it changed in the core -- I don't think
> it's obsoleted.

I don't think anything in the area of line break handling will or should
be obsoleted in PmWiki anytime soon. And even *if* any changes are ever
implemented here, PmWiki should remain backwards compatible unless there
are *very* compelling reasons to do otherwise, of which I don't see any
right now.
In other words: I think we're in violent agreement here :-)

However, what I still do suggest is this: look at the ideas that other
people have had about the issue. Discuss, in a friendly manner, their
merits and problems.
Don't let them be derided by labelling them as "crazy ideas", or by
alleging that these people "do not understand the most basic aspects of
writing". Especially not if PM reports the entire issue as 50:50
contentious - I know that 50% can still be very wrong, but I don't think
that applies in cases like this one.

My reply to Marc was aimed at taking heat out of the thread; it seems I
was too heated myself instead. Please take my sincere apologies for that.

Regards,
Jo