[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 11:50:38 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:33:48AM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> On 9/25/06, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:
> > Please, do the two sentences above, if combined, enable me to hope
> > that I can eventually add some line to the VerySimpleToDo recipe and
> > let it trigger notification just like a normal edit does?
>
> Hmm. One step closer to allowing me to re-implement Zen Track via
> wiki. :-) All I need now are the ability to create page variables
> (e.g. text= and author=) on the fly, then display them via pagelist.
> Probably already possible, but beyond my fog of ignorance.

Can you give an example of "page variables on the fly"?  I'm not
sure exactly what you're referring to.

There will be an capability for pagelist templates to obtain option
values set in the (:pagelist:) directive itself.  For example, if
we have

    (:pagelist ... myoption=xyz:)

then the template can use {$OPT_myoption} to display the value
of myoption ("xyz").

This may also become available for options to (:include:) and
other directives.