[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta1 released

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Sep 26 09:45:21 CDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:24:53AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> > On 9/25/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > > Since this substantially changes the
> > > current meaning of {$var}, we now have a new {*$var} form of
> > > page variable that always returns a value for "the currently
> > > displayed page".
> >
> > Just a question Pm, to clarify something.  I seem to recall in earlier
> > discussions of this that GroupHeaders and GroupFooters would continue
> > to work as in the past.  That is {$vars} would act the same  as
> > {*vars} if coming from a groupheader or groupfooter page.  Is that
> > correct?
>
> I waffled back-and-forth on this a bit, but ultimately decided that
> GroupHeader and GroupFooter really should be treated as though
> they are part of the page being displayed.  Thus {$var} in
> GroupHeader and GroupFooter act the same as {*$var}.
>
> > What if I include a groupheader from another group?
>
> If you do (:include OtherGroup.GroupHeader:) then {$var} is treated
> as being local to OtherGroup.GroupHeader (same as any other include).
> If you want {$var} to be treated as part of the currently
> displayed page then use
>
>    (:include OtherGroup.GroupHeader basepage={*$FullName}:)
>
> > And if
> > it does keep its original behavior, can you force normal {$vars}
> > behavior in those groups?
>
> Yes, by using the include line given above.
>
> Pm

So in summary, If I'm basically using the same groupheader for several
groups (by including it from one to the others) I will need to change
the syntax to include the *, otherwise it will only work in the one
group that contains the actual groupheader.  Or, I can set the
basepage variable in the all the other include lines to the new group,
and get it to work in those groups that way.  Correct?

Cheers,
Caveman