[pmwiki-users] (:linebreak:) as a global setting

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Tue Sep 26 14:04:24 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:59:24PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
>>> While it's arguable that this is a bug, I've decided it's
>>> not really worth the effort or hassle to fix it.

> This message isn't to express disagreement; my point is
> simply that I'm applying PmWikiPhilosophy #3 until we have enough
> real-world instances where the existing approach is really
> unworkable.

As an additional data-point, I ran across a related problems with tables
recently. I had an (invisible) table in a groupfooter so that I could
center some complex text. It worked fine except on one page where I had
used the simple table markup and specified a thick border. Suddenly, the
table in the footer ALSO had a thick border.

It drove me crazy for a few minutes until I figured out what had
happened and fixed the groupfooter table to explicitly not have a border.

At the time I thought it would be convenient if the headers and footers
of a page were rendered in a context that didn't inherit from the main
page, but it didn't really seem worth complaining about. I'm only
mentioning it now since it seems related to the linebreak issue.