[pmwiki-users] RFC: Ratings Redux

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 12:05:49 CDT 2006

On 9/27/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'll need to finish my comments recipe first (working on that now),
> but I'm guessing the cookbook will get a custom version of the
> comments form that makes it easy to enter a rating and comment.
> The result will produces something like the following markup onto
> either a -Talk page or onto the recipe page directly:
>
>     >>recipecomment<<
>     Author: Alice   (Rating: 5)
>
>     I loved this, I have implemented it on every site I ever created,
>     and I highly recommend it to others.  Even if it's hard to implement,
>     I'd give it a rating of 6 if I could.

Hmm. If we go 2- or 3- axes, then instead of rating I assume we would
use that term instead.

Utility: 3
Macarenality: 5 (this recipe really knows how to dance!)

Perhaps the page for ratings? Cookbook.Recipe-Ratings. Then, the
recipe author can include the last five ratings (say), and then link
to all ratings. The -Talk page is more for discussion of recipe
concerns.

--
Ben Wilson
"All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." HDT