[pmwiki-users] bibliographies revisited

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 15:39:53 CDT 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

I don't have time to follow up on this properly right now, so this is just
a quick reply.

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 12:20:23PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> > 1. what is the downside to storing each citation in its own wiki
> >    page, where the unique reference id becomes the page name?
>
> I've never done much in the way of BibTex or bibliographies, so
> my comments should be discounted accordingly.  However, I know that
> sometimes it's a pain if an author is limited to a one-to-one
> correspondence between pages and data.

My reaction is that I'd probably be very annoyed if I was forced to use a
one-to-one mapping. My experience is that it's a PITA to do it that way.

Using *virtual* pages on the other hand might be a good (parallel)
solution.

The rest I'll hopefully have time to read and give comments on tomorrow.

cheers
/Christian