[pmwiki-users] Meetup? Drupal?

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Sep 28 20:05:52 CDT 2006

Crisses wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Sandy wrote:
>
>> If not for your need for RSVP, I'd suggest PmWiki plus a mailing list.
>>

> Can someone explain this feature that's needed?  Maybe there's a way to
> handle it?
>
> RSVP via email?  Or can it be RSVP via a website link?

The moderator arranges for the venue (time and place) of the next
meeting. Everyone who's subscribed to the meeting coordination list gets
an email notice of the upcoming meeting. In that email is a link to a
page where they can click a radio button saying whether they can attend
or not. They can go back and change their choice at any time. (It should
be available through their profile on the site.)

Those who haven't responded in some way may get a second reminder a day
or two before the meeting.

The Moderator gets an email (at most once per day) when the number of
folks planing to attend changes.

Hopefully, the calendar can also be updated to show the number of folks
currently planning to attend the event, but that isn't crucial, so long
as it can show the event itself.