[pmwiki-users] allowing existing vbulletin users to edit a pmwiki powered wiki

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 21:44:42 CDT 2006

As Xes advised not using her version, let's try the "original."[1] It
was meant for single user sign-on. Rodney and I should probably work
off-list for the nuances.

First, check out the cookbook recipe and give those instructions a
go.[2] If you get confused it's not your fault. I confuse myself when
I write documentation sometimes.

You'll need to know a few details which are vBulletin related: The
name of the user table; and the name of the username and password
fields. This information (with the cookbook documentation) should help
you get started. I don't know the details of the vB database, or I'd
provide that information for you. Find the install SQL and look for
the user table. You can email me that off-list if you're not
comfortable digging around.

--
Ben Wilson

[1]: Xes and I have agreed to sit down and overhaul both recipes to
integrate them. We will also employ some wicked code reusability.
[2]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUserDbase