[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Sep 28 21:51:12 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 09:38:49PM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> On "Off-Magazine" Drafts: I'm flexible here, naturally. As I ask
> below, is there a way to restrict to -Draft except for a few? Then,
> the author could propose, write the article, then have it edited after
> the notice period. Although, at this point, the argument _for_ a
> notice period loses steam. It is clearly an arbitrary brake in the
> process.

I prefer PM's idea of writing draft articles in the Magazine group. It
makes it easier for authors and for reviewers, they're all there ready
to create, edit and revise.

> I definitely still like the idea of a (:description:) summary/abstract.

Agreed.

> There is one concern here. If the Magazine follows a chronological (as
> well as topical and alphabetic) listing, how are published articles
> sorted? A Wanted article could languish for months before being
> written. Once published, sorting on ctime would push it down the
> stack. I would prefer a system that lists articles chronologically by
> when published.

But one can used page-text variables for that! (grin)

PublicationDate: 2006-09-29
Category: [[!Published]]

(:pagelist order=$:PublicationDate fmt=#publicationlist "[[!Published]]":)

> An obvious advantage to this process is it showcases categories, page
> text variables, and pagelists---some of which is new or overhauled for
> 2.2. Hmm, I see a plot brewing . . .

(evil grin)

Kathryn Andersen