[pmwiki-users] How To Help Fight Spam on PmWiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 29 10:48:27 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 02:21:24PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> (4) Blocklist: This is *the most important step*.  If you fix a
> spammed page, particularly where PmWiki content was totally
> overwritten by spam, then you can, and *should* add the spammer's
> IP address to the block list at Site.Blocklist.

BTW, once I have "?action=insert" finished in the core (I'm about
80% done this morning), it will be possible for us to add a link
to the history display to automatically add a spammer's IP address
to Site.Blocklist.

We might even be able to have an "?action=spam" option that
simultaneously reverts the page and adds the offending IP
address to the Site.Blocklist.